March 13, 2008

Devastating Indeed

Context - My C interview.

Alex: So tell me precisely - are you devastated or distraught??

Issac: I think i am distraught because of the devastation.

Alex: Hmm. But i think you were lucky to have survived to feel distraught after the devastation because most of the times devastation u know really just devastates. Theres nothing left to feel afterwards.

Issac(smiling): Oh cut the crap. Would you.

Alex(also smiling): Alright. But, atleast tell me what led to the devastation.

Issac: I think i entered the interview room with set ideas about how its going to go. And above all i was too hell-bent on discussing my writing which eventually did me in.

Alex: How so?

Issac: One of the panelists asked me if i am passionate about anything. In the most dispassionate ways i replied - i like writing, in the hope that the next question would be - what do you write. He asked me again - is that your passion. I again dispassionately replied - i love writing, not realising that i had the choice of saying that there are a number of things which i like doing but i am yet to discover a passion.

Alex: Do you think that would've been an appropriate answer.

Issac: I guess if nothing else it atleast couldn't have been worse than what and the way i said what i said. After all, not all who go to C have a passion.

Alex: So, thats the devastation you were referring to.

Issac(smiling): No, this was the beginning of the devastation because from this point on the distraught feeling had set in which allowed the devastation to reach such catastrophic proportions that my castle of dreams was burnt in a matter 5 minutes.

Alex(also smiling): Devastating indeed.

1 comment:

Kanika Khanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.